Tuesday 3 July 2012

A Jobless Woman's Gain - Time


I am now officially jobless. Actually, I resigned from work. This means I have gained 11 hours (nine at work, two hours travel, to and fro) a day that I can use in doing pretty much anything I want to do. It is truly liberating. But I should remember I have bills to pay so I should use my time wisely. I wanted to be jobless for quite some time now, not for the pleasure of bumming around the house but so I could have a gainful rest, return to perfect health (I subjected myself to so much stress and tension because I took my previous job too seriously), and then go to business. Yup, putting up a business is still pretty much my goal. I am scared like a toddler going to school for the first time but I am also as giddy as a girl being wooed by someone she likes for the first time. I am now giving myself four months to put up my business for two reasons: 1) I’m targeting to sell my products by the 2nd semester of SY 2012 or the November foundation day in schools, and Christmas bazaars and 2) I intend to go back to grad school or teach part-time by 2nd Sem. So I am hoping that in four months, my business should already be standing on solid ground so it may continue to flourish still despite my divided attention by then.

So how do I start? I already did my feasibility study. I just need to visit it again, review and improve and actually put the plans into action divided into phases so I can see that I am achieving something. I think I mentioned in my other articles that I wanted to manufacture school supplies. I realized it’s not that easy but who says getting into business is easy as pie? All I know is my heart is into this and “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” I will invest time, effort and money in this business and whatever happens, I can always look back and say I had the courage to give it a shot. And for me, that alone is a great feat. Carpe diem!  

No comments:

Post a Comment